Monday, February 25, 2008

News to me...

Chicken Little: Good news in the "sky is falling" department. The Pentagon said today it has a "high degree of confidence" that the missile fired at a dead U.S. spy satellite in space (remember the one the size of a bus?) destroyed the satellite's fuel tank as planned. Apparently, a space operations center in California is tracking some 3,000 pieces of debris, all smaller than a football. Well, I still think an object smaller than a football, falling thousands of feet from the sky, could hurt, don't you? Think: baseball, Coke bottle, telephone...

Tooth Fairy: I got Scott and Jana's take today on Carter's weekend visit. He behaved quite well and was patient with their almost 4-year-old (for the first 12 hours anyway). If you recall, Carter lost a tooth on Friday so they got to play Tooth Fairy that night. Carter put his tooth in his little snack-sized Ziploc bag and put it under his pillow, where he found two presidential dollars in the morning. One tiny detail Carter was quick to point out to the fairies-in-training: "She (as in the Tooth Fairy) doesn't usually doesn't take the baggie." Oops. I think he still believes -- especially since the ante has been upped to presidential dollars now!

Oscars: I'm glad I didn't bother staying up for the Oscars. Looks like No Country for Old Men took home a bunch. I didn't see that movie (yet) so I wouldn't have been excited or impressed. Sort of like the year Titanic won everything and I was the only person in the western hemisphere who hadn't seen it yet! (Yes, I've seen it since. What's all the fuss?) Of course, now that I am typing about it, the Celine Dion theme song for Titanic is starting to play through my head. I hate when that happens!

Winter Break
: We got a reprieve from the arctic air yesterday and today. The mercury moved up beyond the 30 mark! The joy is short-lived, naturally, and temps will dip down to single digits again by tomorrow night. Did I mention I am going somewhere warm for spring break (tee hee)? Three weeks from now, I'll already be in toasty Texas -- where it is 93 degrees as I type this. Whoo hoo!

Concession Stand: We'll be signing up Carter for baseball this evening, which means Mommy and Daddy will have candy bars for sale at their desks for the next few weeks ... or until the box of 50 is gone. Even if you gave up chocolate for Lent, buy one and stick it in your freezer. If we don't sell them, we get stuck eating them ... and I don't think my Biggest Loser team would appreciate that.

(What? Don't all newscasts end in a commercial?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have room in your suitcase, bring a couple of those candy bars down to Texas.
Your chocolate-loving sister and her chocolate-loving hubby!