Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold enough?

Well I found out my suspicion that Hell is freezing over was wrong. Oh, it's cold alright, but the Vikings are nowhere near that Super Bowl. They were pathetic today! The problem is that we are our own worst enemy. The Vikings keep getting beaten by the Vikings -- who turn that ball over like it's tumbling in our refurbished dryer. Grrr!

Of course, those who know me realize the worst part about the loss today is that I have to (gulp) cheer for the Packers Monday night to beat the Bears. Oh, Santa, I am being waaay more good than necessary!

Enough about that. I have a queasy feeling in my stomach already.

That could have to do with the fact other parts of the day were equally disappointing. We woke up to another 4-6 inches of snow. The good news is that the snowplow went through our subdivision. The bad news is that he took out our mailbox. Did you know plastic can shatter pretty easily in cold?

Even the snowblower (which we thought we fixed) was reluctant to work today. Heck, I would be too. Just too cold.

On the bright side (because I always have one), I did get every last present wrapped that we have in the house -- including 10 game prizes for my family's get-together on Friday. That took the longest. I made sure each had different wrapping paper and obscure containers. Hubby asked if that was necessary. "Yes," I said in my "duh" voice. "We don't want people knowing which prizes came from which family." Why? I don't know why but if a person is asking me when I am done wrapping them all, then I'll make up anything if it's not a rule, trust me.

I was able to cap off the night with a Christmas movie on Lifetime so I am feeling like vacation is starting already. Oh wait, it has! Judging by the forecast, I'd say I picked the perfect week to stay inside the heated house and not go anywhere!

No comments: