Wednesday, December 24, 2008

White Christmas

I'd like to find that person who dreamed of a white Christmas and give him a piece of my mind. I mean this is getting ridiculous. A nice dusting of snow is fine by my standards for a white Christmas, but we've had to either snowblow or shovel about 2 out of every 3 days for the last few weeks. Crazy.

So to cope, I plopped in my new White Christmas DVD this morning and was sort of watching it while multi-tasking with a few last-minute gift wrappings, etc., around the house. Then it was time to brave the elements.

We got an additional 3-5 inches overnight and the plows (the poor drivers) hadn't gotten to all the roads yet by the time I ventured into town for 1 p.m. church. It was a slick drive, but I wouldn't miss it.

Usually I go to the early afternoon service (there are 2 later in day) and it is not so full. But this time it was packed. Good to see. As always, I get a bit teary-eyed singing those Christmas songs and thinking how blessed we are.

After church, I headed home and we were out the door again within the hour, heading to the in-laws in town. Jim's mom wanted to eat early -- like 4 p.m. -- so you know what that means... the boys (well, Carter) want to open presents by 5! We made him wait until 6. We're tough, I know.

Tonight the big boys are staying with us. On the way home, we drove around looking at Christmas lights. And I will admit, they look prettier reflecting off the snow. When we got home, we played our Bustola dice game and laid out the stockings. Carter left some eggnog and his homemade "pretzel doughnuts" out for Santa.

All is quiet in the house and hubby and I are about to embark on the fun part of Christmas Eve -- helping out Santa. Then we'll see who gets up first in the morning!

No comments: