Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Picture Perfect?


Now that I've sent out all my Christmas cards, I can finally write about our not-so-perfect photo shoot.

I had warned the big boys that when they came over for Thanksgiving that I'd be taking a picture of the three of them for the Christmas card. So I set them up in front of the tree and coaxed a smile out of them. It wasn't until I checked the photo on the little screen (what did we do before digital cameras?) that I noticed Clay's shirt. (Take a good look at the photo above.)

"Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms." What?

Thankfully he had another t-shirt underneath that one. Just guessing a shirtless photo wouldn't go over too well with a segment of our Christmas card population. So we did a retake and I get another good smile out of them and the photo shoot is over. Pretty painless.

For my card, I like to layout and design the letter to include more than one photo. I kind of didn't ask permission to include the priceless picture of Ponch and me. But I did give hubby a proof and, after the eye rolling, got the OK to keep it in there.

The big boys said, "Wow, Robyn, you sure meet some cool celebrities. First Henry Winkler and now Erik Estrada." Yep, I could hear the sarcasm dripping off that one. So what if those two are in the 60+ club? That just means I'll love Jim even more in 15 years!

I promised them all that if they meet anyone famous next year I'd include their picture, too. But I'll settle for our brown-eyed dimpled boys in plain white tees.

No comments: