Sunday, December 28, 2008

Feeling kind of Sunday...

There's this super-fan commercial for the NFL that has some song about "feeling kind of Sunday..." that always gets stuck in our heads. I'll hear Carter sing it (at random) and then I'm joining in. Whether it's Sunday or not, it puts us in a Game Day mood.

Today was a big Game Day for us Vikings fans.

Of course, we awoke to another couple inches of snow. That doesn't get old, does it? So we tackled that task right away. The snowblower officially pooped out on us and a guy came and hauled it away -- but not before plowing us out with his truck. That was a bonus. We got the snowblower back later. It just need a good carb cleaning. Gotta watch those carbs!

The Vikings-Giants game started at noon but didn't air here. The stinkin' Packers take precedent on our FOX channel (and we care about the Packers-Lions game, why?). However, that did not stop us from getting decked out in Game Day gear -- including my new Viking socks from Santa. (I guess they're lucky.)

It really is hard to sit and watch the Packers and keep glancing at the ticker for our score. So I made some chili and put it in my new crockpot for supper and then made some banana bread. Carter had a friend over and they played outside while hubby and I listened to the last quarter of the game when we found out it was on the radio. Cool.

Nail-biting ending, which I hate. But it's OK when we come out victorious. First division championship since 2000. Whoo-hoo!

I tell ya, nothing warms the heart and tummy on a Game Day like a bowl of chili, banana bread fresh out of the oven and a Vikings victory! Now I'm feeling kind of Sunday...

No comments: