Friday, December 5, 2008

TGIF (This Girl Is Freezing)

I'm just chillin' on a day off. No seriously. I am chilling. And even more than that, I am freezing! And yes, just stating the obvious. It's winter in Wisconsin. What else was I expecting?

I had the day off today. I know it sounds like I'm a load with all these days off lately, but I just didn't get any vacation time used up this year. So now it's use it or lose it. I'd rather use it -- even if it turns out to be more work sometimes than, well, work!

Today was very productive. Walked Carter to the bus stop. Went to Mr. Back Cracker. Got all my Christmas cards mailed (fa-la-la!). Got just about the last present bought (more fa-la-la). Did a few more loads of laundry (love that machine -- am pretty much caught up now). Dusted and vacuumed. And yes, did sneak in one Christmas movie on Lifetime this afternoon (while folding clothes). Carter and I even delivered a present, too. But that was an outside job -- as in outside, where it's cold and snowing.

Then I stopped moving. My back was a bit achy from its earlier "adjustment" so I sat in my comfy chair to read and just got chilly. I guess it helped I was on the go all day. Kept me warm.

Now my electric mattress pad has been warming up for me for 2 hours so I am going to lay down and read a Christmas book. It's my day off after all -- even if it took 'til 9 p.m. to start relaxing. As a bonus, I don't have to set an alarm either. TGIF!

No comments: