Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

Bedtime Stories: On our last vacation day yesterday, Carter and I went to the new Adam Sandler movie Bedtime Stories. Good movie. We both really enjoyed it. My girlfriend Becky was there with her son, too, so that was a bonus. Later, I did find myself on the couch again watching Ellen (I'm going to miss watching that show!) but only because McDreamy was on there. Now that's a nice bedtime story.

Another Snow Day: Was proud that I hit the snooze only three times on my first day back to work. Saw we got an inch or 2 of snow overnight and was thrilled I'm going to work and not on shoveling detail today. Then remembered I had to drive in it. My thrill was short-lived. Made it to work OK, though.

Christmas Wishes: While catching up on Christmases with co-workers, one of my friends said she has already forgotten Christmas because so much has happened since then. Her husband was rushed to the hospital with stomach pains on Sunday and they'll find out today whether he has colon cancer. How awful! When people ask what I got for Christmas and I say, "I'm just happy to have my health," I really do mean it! We can't take that for granted. Please add Joe to your prayer lists.

Alone Time: Hubby has off today and tomorrow to stay home with Carter. However, Carter is off to a birthday party/sledding day/sleepover so Jim gets the day to himself to do whatever he wants. I know he has to put a part on the snowblower, but then I hope he has some fun. Oooh, and we get the evening together alone, too! (Yes, the phrase "together alone" makes sense. Ask any parent!)

Diva Diet: Our cat Sylvester had her annual check-up today. Perfectly healthy! In fact, our fluffy little princess actually is down a quarter of a pound since last year. How is it that she can lay around and sleep 20 hours a day and still lose weight?! I am changing my diet plans for 2009!

No comments: