Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things...

There's a "chain list" going around on Facebook (social network Web site) now where members write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. It's not hard to think of 25 things. It's hard to stop at 25. I still have so much more randomness to share!

Anyway, here is the list I shared. I might have to do one called "Another 25 random things..." at some point.

1. I am afraid of heights, rodents and large insects. I get nervous around big dogs, too.

2. I have a twin sister who has always been half a head taller than me.

3. I used to hate coffee but then some genius invented the flavored stuff. I still need to add milk or cream, though.

4. I could probably live without caffeine but am not willing to try -- yet.

5. I never knew how much a person could love until I became a mom. My baby is 10 and is the center of my universe.

6. If I could live on three foods, they would be ice cream, popcorn and just about anything mint.

7. I have probably been on a diet of some kind (or needed to be on one) since I was 16.

8. I am a huge fan of the Minnesota Twins and have seen them play in the Dome dozens of times. I'm looking forward to the outdoors experience in a year.

9. I was a camp counselor and lifeguard for two of the best summer ever at Luther Point Bible Camp.

10. I love writing. My first "published work" was an essay I entered in the county fair in 4th grade. They gave me a blue ribbon after I convinced them it was my original work -- not copied. I don't remember much about it except it was called "Life." Pretty deep for a 9-year-old. I now blog daily and try to keep it "On the Light Side."

11. I love the sun.

12. Every year I spend a "Wild Women's Weekend" with my 6 sisters somewhere in Wisconsin or Minnesota (and this past year at my sister's in Texas). It's a great time to reconnect and relax.

13. I have one brother. Everyone feels sorry for him, growing up with 7 sisters. I think he turned out alright. In fact, better than alright. I admire his faith, determination and creativity.

14. I never considered myself a potty mouth ... until I tried golf.

15. I love the '80s.

16. I used to have an evil cat named Rastro who soured me on the whole cat thing. Now we have a princess feline named Sylvester and she has changed my mind.

17. As a journalist, I have met a handful of celebrities from Al Gore to Thomas Kinkaide (lighthouse painter). My favorites were Erik Estrada and Henry Winkler because they give good hugs.

18. I like lighthouses. My teenage stepsons get a kick out of counting how many we have in the house. I don't consider myself obsessed.

19. I have probably tried every craft out there from cross-stitch to ceramics. I'm pretty much a scrapbooker these days with occasional breaks for beading.

20. Growing up in the 1970s, I became a fan of the Purple People Eaters. Although, the Vikings have broken my heart many times since, I just can't jump off that bandwagon.

21. I am not an athlete by any means but I somehow ran 2 5K races in the last few years. I love to play volleyball, too, when anyone's game.

22. I was raised Lutheran, went away from church for awhile in my wild 20s but now have a stronger faith than ever. I am a spiritual being, not just a church-goer.

23. As much as I love to talk, I don't pick up the phone unless I have to. I think I used up all my minutes in the '90s.

24. I live by the motto: "One day at a time." Sometimes, that's one hour at a time...

25. My best friend in the whole wide world is my husband Jim.

No comments: