Saturday, January 24, 2009

Free Time

Well I finally had some of that free time I'm always wishing for. The problem today was that another "arctic blast" is making its way through so we really didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. (Poor hubby... quite a switch from being in sunny California all week.)

I got some housecleaning done this morning, then made banana bread, had lunch and it wasn't even 1 o'clock. Jim and Carter were up for relaxing for the day so I headed into my Scrap Cave and did some scrapbooking 'til late afternoon. That's my perfect free-time treat in the winter. So I had some sense of accomplishment.

Went grocery shopping later since we'll be out of town most of Sunday. After church and Sunday School we'll be heading over to Minnesota to a funeral visitation for an extended family member (in-law's father). We'll probably be getting back home pretty darn late so I am trying to think if there is anything I normally need to get done on Sundays that I should get done tonight yet.

Then it dawns on me that I have spent 3-9 hours on each of the past 18 or so Sundays watching football. With the playoffs done, I had my Saturday free and soon Sundays will be the same. I guess there will be no excuse for not catching up on some of my scrapbooking. Heck, I could even get some writing done, too, or maybe even family tree work. If I get desperate, I can exercise, too. I'll have the time. So no excuses.

Wow. You gotta be careful what you wish for.

No comments: