Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a Wrap

For a week filled with its share of stressful moments, it wrapped on a pretty good note.

When I find myself still in bed at 8 a.m. on a Saturday, then I know it's going to be a good day. Doesn't mean I'm going to get motivated any easier, but I can probably do it on a few less cups of coffee!

Our first objective for the day was to un-trim (or is it un-decorate) the tree and put away Christmas decorations. After bribing Carter with fresh out-of-the-oven cinnamon rolls for breakfast, he was willing to help. We got that done, the living room dusted, the carpets vacuumed and floors swept -- all by noon. Whoo-hoo!

Our second objective was getting to Wal-Mart. (Oh twist my arm.) Carter has had a gift card burning a hole in his pocket since Christmas. He wanted to use it to buy a particular game for his new Nintendo DS. However, every time we've gone since Christmas, the game -- apparently quite popular -- has not been in stock. Today, thankfully, was our lucky day. They had it, he got it, bring on the smiles.

Now don't think he spent all day playing that game. Oh he wanted to. But we had another objective -- far more important than the other two. He has to get a book read so he can be tested on it Monday. He knew earlier in the week he'd have to invest enough time each night reading so it would get done. Since he blew off Friday night to go sledding (which was fine), he had to do twice as much today. Amazing how motivated he was to get that out of the way!

That was it for objectives. Since we had permission to relax, I got some scrapbooking done, baked a turkey breast for supper and wrapped a birthday present for my sister-in-law Sherry.

This evening, we went over to her place for some cake (yummy carrot cake, I might add) and ice cream. The big boys showed up, too -- Casey with his shy but cute girlfriend (who stayed only a minute) and Clay with a fresh Mohawk (just rolling my eyes). Had a nice visit.

We're home at a reasonable hour and now I am just waiting for my side of the bed to warm up. Too bad they don't make remote starters for electric blankets. I could of hit that button on the way home and I wouldn't have to wait. Of course, hubby says, "Now we'll just have to snuggle." Well that's not a bad way to wrap up the week either ;)

No comments: