Monday, January 19, 2009

California Dreamin'

On my commute this morning, I heard the radio DJ say, "It's going to be a nice day today. High of 15." Isn't that something we are so brain-washed in the Midwest we think 15 degrees is a nice day? Somehow we are wired to think that compared to the brutal cold a few days ago, double digits is a treat!

I guess that's a good thing -- or we'd spend a good 8 months out of the year grumbling about the cold weather around here with no bright spots. Oh wait. We do that anyway, don't we?

This week I'll be especially cognizant of the weather -- and finding every opportunity to grumble. That's because hubby flew off to Palm Springs this morning, so I will be hosting a pity party for one at my house.

Jim will be gone on his work trip until Friday night. Unfortunately, since he is still recovering from knee surgery, he won't be able to golf (yup, this is work-related) with the others (poor guy) but may use that time wisely, pool side. Now do you see why this pity party has merit?

Seriously, I do hope he can enjoy the sunshine and warmth. And on the home front, I hope our mild weather continues with little snow accumulation this week. Not that I couldn't handle it. I'm not one of those wimpy California girls who wouldn't know a snowblower from a weed whacker...

No comments: