Tuesday, January 6, 2009

S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D

I’m pretty sure this concept of “stress eating” is just an excuse people (me included) use to indulge in something we shouldn’t have.

Many has been the occasion when I am pulling out my last hair at my desk and I yell up to the ceiling, “I need chocolate!” And one of my faithful co-workers comes to my rescue.

Now they must have gotten wind that I am trying (once again) to start off the New Year on a healthy note. Boy, did that come back to bite me in the butt!

Today, on one of those days where my head is splitting at 4 p.m. and I am on my last nerve, I say, “I’m hungry!” And what do I get? One offer for applesauce, another for a handful of multi-grain cereal and another for some toasted almonds. Where’s my support team? Where’s my chocolate? What kind of working environment is this?

I opted for the almonds, since they sounded the sweetest, and have lived to tell about it. I suspect that tomorrow will be on the same level of stress so perhaps I better get out that memo now about how STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS. Couldn’t hurt, right?

No comments: