Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Normal?

Now that the Vikings just blew their chances of advancing in the playoffs, I can pack away my football gear just like all the other loser fans in Wisconsin had to do last week when their team didn't make the playoffs. Ooooh, does that sound bitter?

Seriously, we weren't exactly optimistic about today's game. But then the Vikings had to hang in their for 3 quarters and we had hope. That darn hope. It gets crushed every time! When will we learn?

Ahh, the joys of being a fan, right?

So now our household is just about back to normal. Well, we didn't take the Christmas tree down yet. Didn't want to mess with our victory karma, so that'll have to wait until next weekend. But I do have my work bag packed and Carter has his backpack set to return to school tomorrow.

Except for the setting the alarm thing, I think we're both looking forward to being back on our regular schedule. In fact, I'll probably have Carter in bed by 8 tonight (it'll take forever for him to fall asleep) and I won't be too far behind him (need to get in early tomorrow).

I must say it's been a nice two weeks of mostly vacation. Had some great times with family and friends -- and myself. I certainly can't say I didn't relax enough. That's probably why I'm anxious to get back to work. I'm looking forward to using my brain again instead of my mouth. Yep, the holiday grazing season is officially over! My tight pants are thanking me already.

Enjoy your re-entry into normalcy this week!

No comments: