Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blizzard of the Month

When I hear the word Blizzard, I'm thinking Mint Oreo or last month's Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. None of this blowing, drifting white crap from the sky.

Yes, I like Bing and I do like a White Christmas. I just wish it would arrive like a last-minute shopper -- about 1 or 2 days before Christmas... when we didn't have a commute to worry about. Of course, there are snow days!! (Maybe)

I was going to spend the evening on the couch watching Christmas shows, but the phone's been ringing just enough for me miss large chunks of some Hallmark movie (I can't even remember the name) and Charlie Brown. Maybe next year.

Jim is out testing the snowblower. Yup, we meant to hang the bikes up in the garage and put the golf clubs in the basement so we could park the snowblower up front. Yup, we got around to that tonight. (And yup, we live in denial!) Good thing the snowblower started on the first pull. That could be a good sign, right?

So while hubby is messing with that, I am periodically clicking "update" on Web sites to see if school is canceled tomorrow. So far, Pittsville to the west, Antigo to the north and Adams-Friendship plus the Dells to the south are already called off. No Rapids yet. I heard Jim tell Carter he could stay up for the whole Bucks-Celtics game so he must know something I don't.

I'm just curious to see how this whole Blizzard thing plays out. We've been in winter storm warnings before, but a Blizzard pretty much means major Shut Down, doncha think? I know hubby jokes that it must be my week to drive to work (I hope he's joking) but I think it's best we all (you all) choose safety first.

And if that means snuggling under a blanket on the couch, sipping eggnog and watching Christmas movies on Wednesday, we best stick to that emergency plan!

OK, one more check on those Web sites...

No comments: