Tuesday, December 22, 2009

By the Numbers

Today's edition of By the Numbers...

12: How many years it has been since I first felt a flutter of an angel's wings in my tummy. I had just gotten back from a trip to Atlanta (visiting my sister and brother-in-law) on the night of the 21st. My luggage didn't arrive with me so they sent me home and said they'd deliver it after the next flight arrived. Sometime after midnight and before 4 a.m., while I was lying there waiting, I felt Angel move. Seriously, I didn't know if it would be a boy or girl, so I called it Angel. And Carter even lives up to that name some days!

8: How many pounds Sylvester weighs. She had her yearly checkup today and is in perfect health! Daddy and Carter took her in and report she was mostly well-behaved. Only hissed when another curious cat came near and when she saw the doctor -- but can you blame her? Apparently, the big outing took a lot out of her. She's been sleeping all day. Oh wait. That's normal.

5: How many stitches the girl next door got in the ER tonight after the first serious sledding mishap. Everyone has a different version of the story, but it appears Madison did not crash into another sledder, just crashed her face (mainly above her lip) into the ice. Ouch! Carter (squeamish like me) almost passed out at the sight of blood. Probably a good thing he didn't get the stitches... At least this time. Winter just started!

3: How many card games hubby won today.

1: How many I won.

Zero: How many people I knew at Wal-Mart. OK, on my worst days, when I am wearing grungy sweats and no makeup, I run into all kinds of people I know. Today, looking gorgeous after a hair cut and style, I saw no one. All those last-minute Christmas shoppers and not a single person! Dang.

Zero all stands for how many card games Carter won today and how many miles I did on the treadmill. But hey, there's a whole lot of vacation left (12 days in fact) to make up for both of those!

No comments: