Friday, December 4, 2009

Week in Review

Super-Sized: I just had to take a picture of Carter and his new band instrument! This is only a three-fourth's size tuba, he says, so I can only imagine what the full size one is like. Not something you want to haul back and forth on the bus 3 days a week. But you know, he's not too bad at it.

Gearhead: I may have taken my love for Fonzie a little too far. After my magical but firm "touch" on the hood didn't get the headlight to come on, we relented and bought a replacement bulb. I then, with the help of my lovely assistant, changed the headlight! Yes, I am gearhead (even though hubby claims he could have done it if he had smaller fingers. Whatever! Just hold the flashlight where I tell ya, hon!)

Double Trouble: We had some more "restructuring" at work this week and now Jim and I have the same boss -- which hasn't happened since way back in our newspaper days. Our poor boss. I told him he was blessed to have both Austins on his team. It's sort of like a Christmas gift (that you'd love to return, but can't!). Oh well, at least for today we are both employed :)

Hooping it Up: After Monday's blowout, this POA (Parent Of Athlete) was relieved that Carter's basketball team actually learned some plays (well, at least how to set a pick) during practice on Tuesday. To help Carter see some of this in action, we've also attended hoops games at Assumption High School the last two nights. The boys played yesterday and he got to see his cousin Colin play, and tonight we watched the girls stomp in a 70-34 win. When he wasn't talking with his friends, we hope he saw, maybe learned, something. If not, we'll keep trying. We've got season passes, after all.

Chill Out: I was scolded (with love, of course) yesterday for not wearing a coat. I guess in my pea brain, I'm still thinking it's October or November or something. But today December definitely showed itself. I had to break down and wear a coat when I heard it was 19 degrees out with a windchill of 12. Even us gearheads aren't necessarily that tough all the time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some tuba!