Sunday, December 6, 2009

It's All Good

I had a terrible night's sleep last night and was almost ready to let it dictate my mood for the day. But, after attending a wake for a friend's father and then going to a fundraiser for a teacher with cancer, I realize I've got nothing worth complaining about.

It's all good.

Seriously, there are more important things than a good night's sleep, the perfect Christmas lights or a winning football team. And yes, I am writing this at halftime when the Vikes are getting their butts handed to them in Arizona, but I still mean it. Honest.

I feel blessed to have my health -- on the good days and the achy days. I feel blessed to have my family -- all their quirks and their unconditional love. I feel blessed for friends -- and was so glad to spend time with some today.

Those are the things that matter. Really.

So I will try to complain less and say "thanks" more. But don't expect it to happen overnight. (Not the way this game is going!)

No comments: