Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holi-Daze

A good percentage of my siblings and family enjoyed the "real" HoliDazzle in the Twin Cities yesterday. I still have to get there some year for the lighted Christmas parade and all the fun. But we had our own version today. Sort of...

Happy St. Lucia Day to my fellow Scandi-hoovians who also observe it! The patron saint of Light left some nice treats in our stockings. Carter got a new winter hat and the movie Up. Mommy got the Four Christmases movie plus a DVD with 4 made-for-TV Christmas movies on it (Does St. Lucy know me or what?!). And Daddy got the new Bob & Tom CD plus the old movie Scrooged (which he claims is the best version of the Christmas Carol).

So we definitely started out the day on a good note. Carter had program practice again during the Sunday School hour. When we got home, I ran off some of that eggnog from yesterday (but I'm sure not all of it) then donned my purple apparel for the Vikings game.

That game continued our day on the good spirits level :)

We didn't get to stick around for the ending since Carter's Sunday School program was at 3:30. He did a fine job reading and I actually caught him singing on tape! (See him in the center with the red shirt.) I thought I better video a tiny snippet anyway since this is his last Sunday School Christmas program already. I know. Where does the time go?

Looks like we'll continue our Holi-daze this week with Clay's choral concert Monday night and Carter's school band concert on Wednesday afternoon. Between that, basketball and the potlucks at work, our calendar is looking pretty full. I don't mind one bit. I'm going to sit back and enjoy every minute of it.

I'm sure I'll be Dazzled more than once!

No comments: