Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Day!

The governor of Wisconsin declared a "state of emergency" for, I'm guessing, most of the state. As a result, not only was there no school (probably anywhere), in an unprecedented move, they also closed our office. So all 3 of us got a Snow Day!

This was the view out the back window at "half-time" -- well 7 a.m. when we expected another 8 inches dumped on us throughout the day. Thankfully, it tapered off. But, to the credit of the travel advisory people, there was a ton of blowing snow all day -- and the roads were very slick, said Mr. Austin, who had to run to Ace Hardware for some snowblower "pins."

Besides snowblowing, he also raked off the roof...

...Which led to a pile on the back deck that Carter agreed to shovel for a dollar. I think he got the raw end of that deal. But he spent hours sledding before that, so it's not like he had no fun.

Our next-door neighbor Mick borrowed the snowblower to get the sled run in place. He had already put the starting-line boards on the stairs of his deck. Today he blew snow to create the "banks" that will keep the sleds going from side to side on their way down.


A view from up top! This is gonna be a good one this year!

So there are no pictures of me. I am the wimp who opted not to go outside today. I did get the last of my Christmas and St. Lucia presents wrapped, ran on the treadmill and baked a pan of cranberry bars for a potluck tomorrow. Carter and I also taught Daddy how to play "Dirty Rummy" and he promptly kicked our butts.

We still hope to get a Christmas movie of some sort in. Just gotta wait for the guys to come back in. I suppose I could be nice and whip up some hot chocolate for them...

No comments: