Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the Rebound

It's no surprise that we all slept in today. Five-plus hours of fresh air will do that to a person! I was surprised, though, that no one seemed to be limping around despite all the crashes and mishaps. Kids can rebound from anything.

As for us adults, well, I didn't tell the whole story...

I did go down the hill only once but I failed to mention taking a digger on the ice.... as in falling flat on my back... as in OUCH!

It was completely an accident (aren't they always?). Hubby accidentally tripped on a stump near the fire. Then accidentally pushed me over another one. That caused me to accidentally fall on my backside and accidentally spill my Diet Coke. I have a teeny tiny bruise on my leg where it hit the stump -- but not big enough to brag about or garner any sympathy. So I rebounded like the kids and got on with my day.

I had to take a little trip to the office. Well, long trip, short visit, to get something done. But the rest of Sunday was about observing a day of rest.

We visited Jim's sister and husband awhile this afternoon. Then, during halftime of the Packers game (glad I didn't wait 'til the end), I called my parents for a nice long chat. I realize every time I talk to them how much my "character" has been developed thanks to them. I mean the good and the bad. The divine and the dysfunctional. Today I was reminded I have Mom's creativity and Dad's stubbornness. I guess they cancel each other out and make me normal, right?

Tonight it's Game Night. Vikings played Sunday Night Football. Even college kid Casey took a break from his busy social schedule and came over. You'd think all that Purple Power in our living room would have meant something. Unfortunately, the Vikes couldn't rebound from anything tonight. How pathetic.

Unfortunately, we all have tomorrow off so we didn't even have an excuse to go to bed early. Had to watch the whole train wreck... or sledding wreck. We know what those are like, don't we?

No comments: