Friday, January 8, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End

About the only thing I don't like about the holiday season is seeing it come to an end.

We kept the tree and decorations up so the in-laws could see them. Since Jim's parents stopped by Sunday night, I knew this weekend would be time to un-deck the halls, un-trim the tree and, when that's done, unwind a bit.

The unwind part was what prompted me to start tonight. I thought, do I really want to wake up to that big project? The answer: no. So I just got going right away when we got home and just a few hours later, the house it back to its pre-Advent condition. Well, except for the remaining cookies, candy, eggnog and Schwan's Peppermint Stick ice cream. I could extend this holiday until February if I'm good!

Speaking of Valentines (and good things that must come to an end)...

In the soap opera that is Carter's love life (and that he has no clue I'm blogging about, so please don't tattle)... I asked how things were going with the gal pal with the fire-y locks. He said, "Well, not so good. I think I'm going to have to let her pass by."

Oh, such wise, sad words!

Take heart, dear son. Just like the glorious holiday season is hard to let go, it always returns eventually -- so, too, do opportunities to make new friends.

Even redheads.

No comments: