Saturday, January 9, 2010

Playoffs and Payoffs

Since I had my energetic moment last night and de-holidayed, the payoff today was well-deserved sloth. OK, not really well-deserved, but I took advantage of a day with nothing on the calendar and shifted into low gear.

I did attempt to hit the treadmill early on. That didn't work out well. I won't go into the aches and pains of an old woman, but I've been having issues with my right leg (to the point of limping around Friday) so the treadmill stint didn't last long. Certainly not enough to get anywhere near my 10,000 steps today!

Hubby spent a frustrating and stressful day at the office so I will not whine and/or complain about anything -- even pain. I did have to bribe Carter to run errands with me. I'm just not a fan of doing that alone all the time. Plus, I needed him to pick out his own get-well card for his babysitter, who fell on the ice yesterday and broke her shoulder.

After errands, I whipped up a batch of chili to take to the invalid, er sitter, who will be out of commission a few days. Then Carter and I claimed our cushy seats and watched the movie Cool Runnings. Do you remember that one? It's about the Jamaican bobsled team? Well I told him it would get him in the mood for the neighborhood sled run and, hopefully, get him excited about the upcoming winter Olympics. It did. He's definitely psyched to watch the bobsledders -- and attempt a speed record next door. (Let's hope no more stitches this winter.)

The NFL playoffs are in full swing this afternoon and evening. Since the Vikings are guaranteed not to lose this weekend, I'm not incredibly interested. But, since I have money on the line by way of a fantasy playoff team, I am keeping an eye on it. So far, my kicker missed 2 easy field goals for Cincinnati, so I am not going to get to emotionally involved here.

I'll save that for next weekend when, hopefully, the payoff of a week off will mean a purple playoff win!

No comments: