Monday, January 25, 2010

Moving On

I endured a wicked Favre hangover today. I woke up and wondered "What the hell just happened ... to our football season?"

No alcohol involved, honest. But I still had a bit of a throbbing head ... mainly from listening to some friendly banter (I'm being nice here) from Packer fans. Actually, it was kind of friendly. They feel my pain. And are just happy -- 2 years' post-Brett -- to finally spread it around.

It's time for us all to move on.

I was hoping that going to Carter's basketball game would take my mind off football. But watching his team get smoked 36-8 did nothing for that headache, that's for sure.

I'm starting to get paranoid, too. How come the teams I'm cheering for this week are losing? Is it just me or ... is it just me? Yikes. Let me know if you have a team you want to lose tomorrow. I'll cheer for them. I seem to be on a roll of some kind.

I guess I won't make that extra effort to change the subject and mention a countdown to opening day for my Twins. I certainly don't want to drag them into this curse!

I suppose I could take the guys on in some cards tonight. The way my streak is going, they'd actually have a chance! (Nah, I'm not that nice.) I can remove myself from "sports" but not competition. (Notice I said "remove" not "retire"?)

Moving on...

No comments: