Monday, January 18, 2010

Girls Day In

You've heard of a Girls Night Out before. Today, my friend Christine and I -- who both had off for MLK Day -- made it Girls Day In. A day of out of the office and on the couch to enjoy a "chick flick" or two.

We met up last night at the video store to pick out a few movies that looked good and that neither one of us have seen. That wasn't easy. But we decided on 500 Days of Summer, Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Marley & Me.

This morning I was courteous and showered before heading over to her house. It was BYOB -- bring your own blanket (or Snuggie) -- so I was enjoying the comforts of home. We got through all 3 with minimal breaks or movement.

Needless to say I won't be anywhere near my 10,000 steps today -- unless there's a way to count crying as calorie burning. We did plenty of that, which is a good thing. That means we were concentrating on the story lines at hand and not on work or other stressors. I'm pretty sure we "girls" needed that. And hubby got to enjoy some peace and quiet at home, too. So everybody wins.

Hmm, I think I'll start counting down to the next holiday...

No comments: