Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Midweek Musings

Just a few things happening...

Gossip Girl: Turns out Carter was right about "the break-up" playing out like a game of Telephone. There's a reason his redheaded sweetheart didn't tell him she was breaking up. It's because she wasn't. Some other girl started the rumor and it got out of hand. So, Carter says, "We're still dating." Not sure what that entails. But, he added, "I still forgot to ask her why she (the redhead) didn't bother to set the record straight or at least tell me." Yup, there still are plenty of lessons to be learned with this. Sort of seems like a soap opera, doesn't it? Stay tuned.

At Close Range: After 6+ years of avoiding each other at work -- well, doing our best not to fraternize -- hubby and I now sit within shouting distance of each other. Not that we'd yell at each ever (or at work, anyway). I told you last month we now have the same boss. We still don't really work "together" but it will be easier for him to run over to my desk when he needs chocolate or, more likely, aspirin! Stay tuned for that, too.

Movie Night Part 1: I'm still logging miles (and steps now) on the treadmill while watching movies. Since the holidays are over and I've run out of Christmas movies, I've now moved on to the North and South miniseries -- a trilogy actually, based mainly on the Civil War. The first one came out in 1985 and I enjoyed it very much. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with Patrick Swayze in the starring role.) I got the DVD set for Christmas and have many hours (and miles) ahead of me. Can't wait.

Movie Night Part 2: Tonight, however, we took a break from the War and regular TV -- and hubby and I actually watched a movie together. We had wanted to rent Hangover over our break but never got around to it. We'd heard it was entertaining and wanted to see for ourselves. And yes, it was fun-ny! Just stupid, mindless entertainment that we seldom allow ourselves to enjoy. There's something to be said for small doses of immaturity. (Very small doses!)

Carter, bless his heart, stayed out of the Rated R room and put himself to bed. I'm guessing tonight he just might have sweet dreams again. He certainly deserves it!

No comments: