Monday, February 7, 2011

Blessed are ...

...Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth...

Not sure there were any meek football fans in Wisconsin today. But thankfully Mondays are so busy in my little corner of the world that there wasn't a whole lotta time to replay the play by play.

Carter didn't have it so lucky. The deal on Friday was that if the Packers won, the kids could "dress down" today instead of school dress code. So even though he's color blind, he's still pretty sure all he saw was green and gold today.

And heard about it, too.

"I just wish there was a restraining order on how much they could talk about it!" he said. I guess it wouldn't be so bad but he said they keep bringing up the Vikings. And I say, what's the point?

It didn't take long, though, to remember that football is so inconsequential to bigger things happening in life. One of the families at school lost their home to a fire last night. It happened to start during the game when they had a full house -- but thankfully the family and visiting friends all got out safely.

Makes us realize once again, that whether we are meek or not, we are certainly blessed in many ways.

Today I am blessed to have a roof over my head. I'm blessed to have a job and a wonderful family. And blessed to have some friends who are pretty awesome (from February to September, anyway).

No comments: