Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Comfort Food?

With hubby gone for 5 days, I don't think we're consciously trying to fill the void with food (ice cream is a food). But it's just working out that way.

I just happened to have BOGO coupon (buy one, get one) for DQ Blizzards, so Carter and I had to get those on Valentine's Day. I'm sure it would have expired otherwise! Plus, we both love ice cream!

Last night, since I had to run into town after voting anyway, I took Carter to El Mezcal, a Mexican restaurant he has wanted to visit since his parents (who had a lunch date without him) raved about the fried ice cream there. We ended up splitting a quesadilla and order of nacho supreme. So that left room for the deep-fried favorite. And yes, he was a fan. Good thing to know he takes after his mother and likes ice cream in all its forms!

Tonight, I got home and we had about 18 minutes to spare before heading into town for confirmation, so he threw a pizza in the pizza oven and we ate a few pieces before dashing out the door. No ice cream tonight (yet), but still not the best choices in food.

At this rate, I'll be filling out that bunny suit, I mean new jammies, by the time Jim gets home Saturday!

Thankfully, our Spring weather trend has continued so I've been able to counter our eating efforts with some running. Some, but probably not enough. I just know tomorrow won't be much better then suddenly it's Friday and well, I just checked shamrockshake.com, and there have been sightings in Wisconsin today so I'm just going to have act on that soon!

Really? Are you more surprised there's a website out there for that or that I'm not the only Mint Freak?

Now there's a comfort food... But don't get me started.

2 comments:

Brent Frankenhoff said...

The McDonald's on the north side of Wausau had shamrock shakes on the marquee Wednesday night. I forgot to check the east side of Point's to see if they're available there.

Robyn Austin said...

That's a good sign :)