Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sweet!

Although the first thing I did after getting up after 8 a.m. was make cinnamon rolls and do my Saturday chores, I was not the hardest worker in the house.

Nothing slaved all day like my Netbook computer as I uploaded hundreds and hundreds of photos to the Walgreens website so I can get pictures ordered. When I have high-res photos like mine, it is a long, slow process. So I was uploading all day pretty much and, even now, I am getting my last batch of Christmas photos up.

Then, of course, comes the long process of picking what to print because I really don't need ALL of them just now. But I am not staying up late to do that tonight!

Did get a few things accomplished today. Got some cleaning done and laundry done and got outside in the above-freezing temperatures for a run. Managed 4 miles but had some scheduled short walk breaks in there. That was good. Leg feels good and I'm mostly crediting it to getting new shoes. Not that I know anything...

While the boys were taking some hitting practice, I went to town to run some errands -- including finding something for Carter for Valentine's Day. We are getting him some baseball gear but he has to have something to tide him over, right? Good thing I picked it up today because when I got home, those two were ready to exchange Valentine's gifts. That was fine with me. A big box with my name on it arrived the other day and I was pretty curious.

So after supper, the guys bring out two huge boxes for me. First one was from Carter. Two gigantic -- and I mean industrial size -- bags of cheese popcorn. Yum, yum, yummy! Do I have to share?

The second one was from hubby. A very cool container like a wire hat box and inside was a Pajama Gram. These are luscious, soft, footy pajamas for women. Oooh, they are nice and warm! Mine are pink so I sort of look like Ralphie from the Christmas Story movie, but I don't care. They're awesome! No one knows my cold feet like Jim!

What a pair of sweet, sweet, sweeties I live with!

Oh by the way, I got Jim a vintage t-shirt from the Reds' 1975 World Series and got Carter 2 movies he's wanted for quite awhile.

After all that excitement, we went to the Assumption boys game -- playing some Saturday evening hoops against Amherst. They got killed. Amherst is pretty darn good.

When we got home, Carter and I decided we needed an early Valentine's treat so I got out my rolling pin, crushed some regular and mint Oreos, and we had homemade Blizzards. Hey, nothing says love like ice cream...

Except maybe cheese popcorn and fuzzy jammies!

No comments: