Saturday, February 19, 2011

Red-eye Return

Hubby took the "red-eye" from Vegas last night so after a 3-hour layover in Chicago, he was back in Wisconsin at 9 a.m. And very tired. I know I can't relax enough to sleep on a plane, but he got a little shut-eye on the red-eye anyway.

I had a loud cat wake me up too early. But that was a good excuse to get going on Saturday chores before Jim got home around 11. It turned into sort of a putzy day after that. Putzed around doing laundry. Then, when Jim took a much-needed nap, I hit the Scrap Cave for a few hours to organize stuff for next weekend.

I was sort of wasting time until 3 p.m. -- when The Weather Channel assured me earlier it would be close to 30 degrees. I checked it and it was so I had no excuse not to go for a run, except for the fact I had zero energy or ambition.

But I went anyway. I took a 4-mile route that took me forever and a day, but I had to get something in while the roads are still clear. Last report tonight says we're getting 9-14 inches of snow dumped on us Sunday. Yikes.

After my run and a shower, all 3 of us headed into town to see our middle school girls play in a basketball tournament. Carter had been summoned via the phone earlier in the day. So we figured we better let him cheer on some classmates and, you guessed it, meet up with some girls to sit with. I sat with some friends and Jim went to church. He got back in time to see the end of the game, though. The Assumption girls were shut out for the day, which is unfortunate when we are the school hosting the tournament.

Got home in time to watch some NBA All-Star hoopla on TV. Carter likes the contests they have for 3-pointers and dunks -- especially when some Boston Celtics are involved. Jim likes it for the same reason... but probably he just likes being home, sitting in his own chair and commandeering his own remote.

Looks our family life has returned to normal.

No comments: