Thursday, February 24, 2011

Waiting Game

Tom Petty had it right many years ago when he sang: "The waiting is the hardest part..."

I'm all packed for Camp Crop-A-Lot but I still have another 15 hours before the weekend starts! That's probably good. I need to recover from all the heavy lifting. Seriously.

By themselves, photos and paper and stickers don't weigh much. But pack them all in a rolling cart and it is heavy. Thank goodness someone invented scrapbooking carts with wheels. Now if only they could make that work going up a flight of stairs.

At least hubby will be carrying them out to the vehicle. I don't need to strain my back before the weekend even starts. It'll be bad enough hunched over my work and forgetting to stand and stretch. Good thing they'll have a massage therapist on hand. You know how I love my chair massages!

With all my scrap supplies ready I still had other prep work today. Us girls gotta eat, you know! So while my Hornet's Nest Cake was baking tonight, I whipped up my Best Ever Cranberry Bars. And while the bars were baking, I browned my hamburger to mix up taco meat. Just call me Martha Stewart on speed. It was multi-tasking at its finest. I even ran the dishwasher so my "TV crew" wouldn't have to clean up after me.

Now I just have to throw some clothes together. That part is pretty easy. Basically jammies, sweats and any clothing item with the word "scrap" or "crop" on it! What? You say "psycho scrapper" like it's a bad thing!

Only 14 hours and 50 minutes now...

No comments: