Sunday, February 13, 2011

Melt Down

I know Mother Nature is just teasing us, but I have to say I like it!

We had perfect Spring, yes Spring, day today! Sometime this afternoon the temp was at 49 and I'm guessing it tipped 50 at some point. It sure felt like it! Bye-bye snow -- let the meltdown begin!

I made sure Carter and I got up for 8 o'clock church so we could enjoy the day. Not that we spent a ton of time outdoors. Carter had to finish an essay on Russian history and thankfully I didn't have to read it!

When he and Daddy went to do some batting practice, I went out for a run. How could I not? This is my kind of running weather -- temps in the mid-40s. Definitely not too hot, that's for sure, and not too cold where it's painful to my lungs. Did a 5-mile route today with a 60-second walk after each mile marker. Am feeling woefully out of shape but it felt awesome to be there! It's too bad it's not going to last until the calendar says Spring!

I did have to spend plenty of time indoors. Had to hide out in the Scrap Cave and start getting stuff organized for Camp. I have a loooonnnnngggg ways to go! Good thing it's not next week already. I know how I'll be spending my free time anyway.

Tonight I was going to slip into my jammies and watch the Grammys. Lady Gaga's entrance almost scared me away, but I had to watch a little even if I don't have a clue who half the people are. This is what happens when we get old. We are no longer hip. And no longer hip enough to know hip isn't a hip word anymore.

But then my in-laws showed up to deliver a Valentine for Carter, and they watched a few minutes with us. Suddenly I felt hip again. Or cool. Or dope? Or fly? Or is it fresh now? ... Or today, just plain Springy!

No comments: