Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Off-Line

We are getting the scope of our addictions revealed -- and tested -- in our household this week. On not the ice cream thing again. Honest, I have it under control. I'm talking about computer time.

We have our main (big) computer in to get fixed. It's not really broken. It just operates slower than molasses (even though computers were not even invented when that phrase was coined). So we are having a computer geek (read: anyone smarter that us) look at it to clean it up, de-frag it, whatever. We trust him.

In the meantime, we have a few nights with just my handy dandy little Netbook to satisfy our techno needs. I don't mind since I'm used to it. But now I have to share! It's probably good to learn to take turns and not spend so much time on the computer anyway. It's a time-waster and I have other things to do.

Carter had a ton of homework and only needed the computer to check e-mail. I had a ton of scrapping work to do, which I did, so I am just on it to supposedly check e-mail and blog and try not to get trapped in the Facebook Time Waster Vortex. OK, I admit that did happen momentarily. I can't help myself. I may have a tough time with no Internet for 3+ days this weekend during Camp.

But of course, I think we'll discover what we've known all along. There are better things to do than park it in front of a computer all night. Lots of better things.

Gotta go. (Just because I said this wasn't about ice cream doesn't mean I can't have some!)

No comments: