Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tough Competition

When we found out Carter could play in Pep Band tonight we decided to go watch the Assumption girls try to handle the tough Auburndale Apaches.

I made sure I had my camera packed so I could embarrass Carter by taking pictures.

I'm pretty sure it worked because my nephew Colin was sitting in the crowd and he was probably saying something like, "Look, it's Carter's mommy taking his picture!" I'm sure Colin wouldn't say anything like that, but when I was practically on the stage to get a good shot, there was no question I was there! I'm not even sure any turned out. I forgot my fresh batteries. So we'll have to see if I can post some on here soon.

That would be unfortunate if they don't turn out since he seemed to take an inordinate amount of time deciding what he was going to wear! This, only minutes after he had asked Daddy and me (separately, but we conferred later) about "hanging out" with some girl "friends" this weekend. Hmmm. Does he think we don't connect the dots?

So while our girls' hoops team struggled and lost against their tough competition, I'm wondering how the 12-year-old fared in the bleachers with his competition. From where I sat (with a good view, of course), I couldn't tell if he was competing with some other guy for some girl's attention or the 2 girls next to him were competing for Carter's attention.

Hmmm. I haven't connected those dots yet...

No comments: