Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Counter-Productive

Is it Murphy's Law or Bizarro World where everything you say turns out the opposite? Perhaps it's just MY world some days.

I had figured with Carter at confirmation then basketball practice, that this would be one of those "free nights" to get a lot accomplished. Or at least something. So I put my A.D.D. skills to the test and multi-tasked the heck out of the night!

I'm still working on downloading/uploading photos from my digital camera so I can have them made into prints before scrap camp. While the images were "in progress" I would catch snippets of American Idol, since I haven't really got to watch any of the auditions. During commercials, I'd alternate between running down to the laundry room to check on clothes and going into the computer to check on photos.

At the end of the night, I accomplished 2 loads of laundry, burned 2 more CDs of pictures so all of 2010 are off the camera, and managed to see some good auditions for Idol (including tear-jerker stories), was able to watch my new favorite comedy Modern Family and got a little work done.

I guess when you add it up, it seems way more productive than I thought. However, now it's bedtime and I still did not get to a project for work that I literally have carried home each night this week... and carried back to work each morning. It just stays in my work bag waiting to get done. I guess I'll have to set aside my 25th hour of the day on Thursday to get it done.

Though I probably shouldn't have said that out loud. Now my Bizarro Murphy's Counter-Productive Law will kick in! Sigh...

No comments: