Monday, February 28, 2011

DIDs and DIDN'Ts

I'm back home after another great scrapbooking weekend -- my 8th -- at Camp Crop-A-Lot!

No, I did not finish my 2010 album -- but I did make good progress! Here are some other things I did and didn't do...

I didn't get much sleep but did relax. With my usual 9:30 bedtime during the week, my body was in shock to get to bed at 1 a.m., 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. (Yes, I am going to bed early tonight!) For the relaxing part, there was a massage therapist on hand so I got a 10-minute chair massage each day!

I didn't get to see all of Carter's last basketball tournament, but did get up the road to Wittenberg to see his first game Saturday. They won that one so that was exciting. On the day, they ended up with a 3-1 record and a 3rd-place finish among 8 teams. That was their best tourney yet! Now it's onto baseball season...

I didn't get any exercising in -- walking, running, nothing -- but did exercise my creative mind. A lot.

I didn't have time to overeat but did get a few tasty treats, including my once-a-year chocolate-covered peanut butter balls. They are the best! Thankfully, I did not discover them until Sunday night.

I didn't have a friend or sister join me this year but did get a chance to catch up with friends -- including a long, late-night chat (make that early morning chat -- 3 a.m.) with my friend Becky. That's what makes it a "retreat" instead of just a weekend workshop.

I didn't wear my new pink hoodie-footie pajamas much because they are just too warm -- but did win the PJ Contest for warmest jammies!Check Spelling Who wouldn't vote for someone looking like the Easter Bunny?

I didn't get as many pages done as I wanted, but did manage to get 51 completed. And I am quite happy with them! Quality over quantity, right?

I didn't know much about the Cricut world before this event, but did get introduced to Cricut "Utopia" quite quickly. My friend Jenny let me borrow her 15-plus cartridges for the weekend so that was awesome. Then, I discovered quite a few more that will be going on my wish list! There's even one that will cut out the shape of a lighthouse (if you're into that sort of thing).

I didn't get a chance to get to my nephew Colin's birthday party but did see in the fridge that my considerate boys (and my sister-in-law, I'm sure) brought some cake (with frosting!) home for me. I think this is where I sign off...

No comments: