Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Single Parenthood

This is that crazy time of year where hubby does all of his traveling for work, I go away on my long weekends and Carter is left to wonder: Which parent will spoil me more?

After spending the weekend with Dad, now Carter is stuck with Mom for 3 nights. My first thought this afternoon was where should we eat tonight? Jim tends to think we always eat out and I never cook a meal for Carter when he's gone. It's not on purpose. We just tend to be in town at supper time.

Anyway, I was thinking a Shamrock Shake sounded good. But then I got an email from Dairy Queen and they announced that Mint Oreo is the Blizzard of the Month for March. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

In the end, I got neither. We just got our computer back from the fix-it man this afternoon so I knew I had to hook that up tonight. So I burnt a pizza (dang), hooked up our now super-fast computer and then Carter schooled me on Just Dance 2 -- a Wii game/exercise type thing where you mimic the singer's moves no matter how fast and twisty. Thankfully, I beat him on the '80s songs. (Of course!) But he did way too well. I may have to buy that for my new workout routine!

Especially if I keep that yummy, minty green stuff on my "menu"!

No comments: