Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sprung Ahead

With the clock change, I went to bed "early" last night, but I still felt so tired this morning! I am hoping I do not have any adjustment problems like I did last year, when I felt tired for a month after we sprung ahead. Not good.

Got to sleep in a bit since Carter had to acolyte at the 10:30 service. I dropped him off at Sunday School at 9:15, then got our weekly grocery shopping done. Since it was still plenty cold out (20s) for a Spring day, I didn't worry about anything getting too warm in the car during church.

When we got home, had a quick lunch and Carter and Daddy took some indoor batting practice down the road. I just finished reading my book, Complete Book of Women's Running, so I figured I better log some miles in my new training journal!

Now yesterday, after we got back from our Cashton trip with a big lunch stop at China Buffet in Tomah, I did get out for a little run. And dragged Carter with me. (Well it was partially his idea.)We just did a little 2-mile route that was sort of like walking a bit, running a bit, walking a bit, running a bit more. I didn't want to push it or he'd be sore and never want to do it again.

He wasn't sore today but since he was off hitting baseballs, I figured he wouldn't want to go a second day in a row. So I bundled up and headed out in the sunshine. It was pretty nice out by then. Around 30 with a bit of a wind, so quite manageable. I did my 4-mile route but walked a minute after each mile so I can ease back into a routine of some sort. At least it gave me something to log!

After a shower and some laundry, Carter wanted to watch the second National Treasure movie. So we ended up doing that, with a break for a yummy BBQ ribs supper.

It was still light out at 7:15! That's the part I love about springing forward. At 6 p.m. or so, it starts to look like a warm-weather type evening (even if it isn't). Do I even need to turn my electric mattress pad on tonight?

Silly question. We're not Springing into Summer, are we?

No comments: