Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sense of Normalcy

Day Three of Single Motherhood was as close to normal as it gets, I suppose. Carter went to school ALL day. And Momma went to work ALL day. That's how people do things, right?

Wait, here's something even more "normal." Let the record show I ate leftovers for supper. Yes, my husband believes that Momma and Carter are too good for leftovers. And, well, the record does sort of reflect that. So I figured I better eat up some leftovers from the other night or he'd think we've gone out to eat all week. Which we haven't -- because we're still waiting for our mint fix!

So I ate leftovers and lived to tell about it. So far.

Of course, we just couldn't stay home for the evening, could we? No, we had to go to a girls basketball. Because, well, there are girls there.

So while Junior met up with his gal pals -- I'm serious, he was in the middle of a circle of them -- I sat with some of friends of my own and cheered on the girls in their last home game. It was a very close match-up but they pulled off the win in the end. Yay!

Now Carter is taking a speed shower and I am writing a speed blog so we both can be tucked into bed by 9:30... about the time Jim is halfway back from Indianapolis, I imagine.

It will be nice when we truly are back to normal with no single parenting, no traveling and 3 people plus 1 cat getting to bed (our own beds) on time! Very nice, indeed.

No comments: