Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just Desserts

If you ever question whether you've chosen the correct "vice" to give up for Lent, experience a stressful moment and see if that's the first thing you want to turn to. But can't.

I did have a good day. Productive day at work. Got home and hubby went to a funeral visitation then church while Carter and I ran 5 errands before heading to our Ash Wednesday service. I was marked with the cross and felt very positive heading home.

Then I made the mistake of calling to activate a new phone. Well, the mistake was trying to transfer our current number to the new phone. For 17 minutes and 9 seconds, I talked to a woman whose English was not her first language. After practically pulling out my hair that was graying by the minute, the number still isn't transferred and I am not sure what she still needs from me. I got off the phone and said, "Dang, I want some ice cream!"

During our call, I kept pressing the phone closer to my ear but her volume was not the problem. It was saying Three like "twee" and other words I am unsure of. I think "account" was one of them, but I will have to log on to their website to finish this up! I can't go around losing my serenity the first day of Lent. I've got too far to go.

Probably a good thing I am not giving up desserts altogether. One of my sisters wished me good luck with my "mint sacrifice." I'm like, no, no, no. This is not a mint sacrifice. This is ice cream only. Mint in all its other forms is still acceptable.

Luckily, my twin sister gave me a 3/4-pound mint chocolate bar for Christmas that I still have in the freezer! OK, seriously, I did not eat this in one sitting! Way back when it was still 2010, I broke it up into several small packages so I could have my mint fix occasionally. Just like everything else (including that orphaned container of Peppermint Stick ice cream), I know how to make things last.

... Except for my sanity and patience, that is!

How many days to go??

No comments: