Saturday, March 12, 2011

Treasure Hunters

Carter and I are watching the movie National Treasure. He is enjoying it much more this time around because he has been to Washington, D.C., and other points of interest out East. Since we both like puzzles and clues, we are enjoying it.

This is, of course, our second "treasure hunt" of the day.

Today, Carter participated in a free-throw contest in Cashton -- a place I like to call Cashew Crunch Country.

A few years ago, we were down there for a sister weekend and we discovered this delightful treat that looks like peanut brittle but tastes oh so much better. The Amish make it with cashews and it is not quite so "brittle" and therefore, easier to eat (in too large quantities!). As soon as I learned the next level of his Knights of Columbus competition was to be in Cashton, I knew I had to find that treasure!

When we arrived in Cashton this morning, we were there early enough to find the shop I knew carried it. But it was closed. So we went to the school.

I'm sure Carter hoped to get a piece of the treasure there -- one of the medals for the top 3 places -- but that was not to be. He was in a tough group that did quite well in their quest to make 25 out of 25 free throws. None of them did but there were 3 guys who came close and they had to have a "shoot off" to determine the winner. Carter shot less than 50% so he wasn't in the hunt, at all.

After the competition, we headed home and stopped in Tomah, where I also suspected we might find clues to a Cashew Crunch trail. After a little detour, we did find an "Amish Country Store" and I hit the jackpot!

I have a feeling Nicholas Cage will find his treasure by the end of this movie, too. But will it really be as satisfying as Cashew Crunch?

I don't think so!

No comments: