Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pain and Suffering

I'm trying to decide who I should sue -- Punxutawney Phil for his false prediction of an early Spring... or the calendar company for boldly proclaiming Spring started some 3 days (and 5 inches of snow and 2 inches of ice) ago.

Who's with me?

I really shouldn't complain too much. It did give us a day off. Sort of.

Upon waking, we learned all the schools from Rapids to Iola were closed so we shut off our alarms, rolled over and went back to sleep.

I had wisely brought home a bunch of work on a flash drive so I had plenty to keep me busy. It was interesting to see who actually braved the roads and went into the office. Not many, that's for sure. By late morning, they said people could go home if they felt uncomfortable. By 1 p.m., they officially closed the office. That has only happened once in the 8 years I've been there. So you know it was bad.

Since work was actually shut down, I figured I should shut down, too.

Naturally, I found myself in the Scrap Cave for awhile. I still want to finish the 2010 album! After that, I hopped on the treadmill like a good girl, then helped hubby with snow and ice removal. That was some heavy-duty lifting, I tell ya! During all of this, Carter was next door playing Wii games with the neighbors. I finally called him home so he could help out the old folks a little bit.

The plow finally came through around supper time. It's just ice under that snow so we did not venture into town for church. For all I know, it might have been canceled. I know the early services were.

Just not a good day to be out and about. Hopefully, tomorrow will be back to normal but it's not going to get above freezing until next week so I don't where the ice and snow are going to go!

That lawsuit is looking better by the minute! C'mon, this storm is definitely causing pain and suffering!

No comments: