Sunday, March 27, 2011

Piece of Cake

You can tell a lot about a person's day by the steps on their pedometer. Yesterday I logged 11,044 steps, which means I was busy, busy, busy. Today, so far at 9:15 p.m., I have only 941 -- which means I'm either lazy, near death ... or I sat in the car 8 hours on a roundtrip to Luck.

Thankfully, it was the third option. And the long travel hours were worth it.

Obviously, I did what we typically do at our family gatherings: Travel the greatest distance and arrive first (or second).... Find a chair suitable for eating, visiting, more eating and game playing... Occasionally adding steps by getting up to take a picture or two or, in today's case, showing off my latest scrapbook.

Yup, that's how we roll. It was a nice day with family. We had 6 of us 8 kids there plus 9 grandkids. My mother enjoyed her cake and Carter was quite proud of it, defending his Boss title saying, "I'm the designer!"

He also mentioned a bit of my perfectionist behavior when decorating and my mom said, "Oh boy," then laughed and added, "Oh no!" Yup, she knows she's responsible for that! And should know that creativity and perfectionism often go hand in hand, right? Right. That's what I'll keep telling myself.

We reluctantly cut our trip short so we could head home and arrive here at a decent hour. The good thing about a long car ride (with hubby driving) is that I finished that 553-page book of Carter's on the way home!

So that book's done, my scrapbook is done, the cake is done, is Lent done? Just thought I'd ask. That birthday cake was pretty naked without ice cream!

Not that I would have walked it off by now... 941... 942... 943...

No comments: