Friday, March 18, 2011

That's B.S.



I'm not sure if I should blame my crumbling NCAA bracket on the blasted Blarney Stone (appropriately initialed B.S.) or the full moon, which is stinkin' huge tonight! Either way, my picks suck and I have no chance of recouping my lofty investment of 5 dollars.

That still won't stop me from watching hoops, though.

The fun part about this weekend is that Wisconsin's state high school tournament is also on TV. Luck did not make it this year, but nearby Grantsburg did. I normally wouldn't be caught cheering for the Pirates, but since I was born in the Grantsburg hospital and still have family up there, I will support them 100% (even if they are playing my mother-in-law's hometown of Marathon for the state championship tomorrow).

Clayton, another Northwoods team, also is playing for the title in Division 5. I will not give them any support. They have ousted Luck from the "bracket" too many times!

As for the NCAA tourney.... It's kind of fun to see some of the teams we saw last year in person when we were in Milwaukee for Rounds 1 and 2. We recall that lumbering 7-footer from Xavier -- who is playing against Marquette right now but didn't see as much action last year. Sorry, Marquette, but I picked Xavier on my bracket only because I remembered their "We are (clap, clap) Xavier" cheer. It didn't do me any good. Marquette is handling this game nicely.

So my bracket bites and Carter is out for the evening. We have the whole house to ourselves and we both are so tired we'd be asleep right now if one, we didn't have to wait up for Carter; two, basketball wasn't on; and three, I wanted to get some pictures of the full moon, which allegedly is the biggest full moon in decades. I say it all depends on the camera zoom anyway.

But what do I know? I've got bracket-itis so bad I don't even know how to spend a romantic evening alone with hubby.

Time to get off the keyboard and work on that ...

No comments: