Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eeyore Was Here

It was one of those Eeyore kinds of days today. No sun at all, on and off steady rains and just plain gloomy out.

Although Eeyore was the resident pessimist in the Hundred Acre Woods, I saw it as a great opportunity to get some stuff done inside that I needed to. Not that I wanted to, just needed to. Stuff like cleaning our office a bit, cranking up the paper shredder, putting my Camp stuff away in the Scrap Cave, pricing a few garage sale items, folding some laundry, grocery shopping and buzzing Carter's hair. Somewhere in there I also made 2 meals and took a cat-nap with hubby on the couch.

You, too, can have a productive day like this if you don't watch basketball!

Seriously, I must have gotten burned out on it Friday and Saturday because I just had no desire to watch it today. Must have the Bracket Blues! (Or more aptly named "My Bracket Bites" Blues!)

Carter also scored some points in the productivity department. He finished The Lost Hero, a 557-page book that rivals his Bible in thickness and is definitely the longest, biggest book he's read to date. He really enjoyed all 5 books in Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & The Last Olympians series (I did, too). This is Riordan's first book in a new series -- The Heroes of Olympus -- involving some of the same characters but a lot of new ones, too.

Carter said it was sooo good now it's my turn to read it. So I better get off the computer and get started. I can't count on every day being a productive "stay inside and read to your heart's content" Eeyore kind of day.

Though I wouldn't mind a few more!

No comments: