Friday, March 4, 2011

Ready or Not

Saturday will be a challenging day for us. Physically challenging for me and mentally challenging for Carter.

To prep for my 5-mile Point Bock Run, I concentrated on hydrating today, carbing up on spaghetti at supper and will get to bed early.

To prep for his math competition, Carter is "boxing" on the Wii.

That seems to be the better approach. He's concentrating on his moves so he has no time for worries. Sounds good until someone like me tries it and I throw my back out the night before a race.

Yup, I best stay put.

I am looking forward to a little reading tonight. Unfortunately too late for tomorrow's run, I got in the mail this week my new running training journal and The Complete Book of Women's Running. I just started the book and am already loving how it caters to us females. The two pieces of running equipment we must not pinch pennies over are shoes and a good sports bra. Oh yes, this is my kind of book!

I look forward to using the training journal for my future races this year. Tomorrow, I will just have to wing it and, well, just do it! Physically, I'm not quite ready for it but we have to start the new "season" somewhere.

Hopefully, my lucky Twins hat will carry me through again!

Carter, on the other hand, doesn't need any luck. He's got the skill. ...If he's not too sore to lift his pencil!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.