Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mind over Melted Matter

For the record, it is very hard to not be thinking about a green, minty cool Shamrock Shake when St. Patty's Day is just hours away! But I'll stay strong. For now.

Was too busy today to even think about ice cream. I do not know where the work day went, but somewhere in there I escaped outside (on the warmest day of the year so far) and got a run in. It was so nice out! Made it to 50 degrees, why stop now?

Carter had to do "our" run on his own after school because we had to head into town as soon as I got home. Our church holds Soup Suppers before Lenten services each Wednesday. All the confirmation kids have to help out at these to get credit towards fundraising for confirmation camp. He has to do "cleanup" 3 of the weeks and I only have to do it one of those 3 -- unless I'm feeling generous with my time.

Tonight we actually got home in time for me to catch a few of the singers on American Idol. I tend to watch it sporadically until it gets close to the end. Since our pastor's sermon tonight was about regular church attendance (even on Wednesdays), I suspect I won't see a whole lot of Idol between now and near "final" time anyway!

And church attendance is very important. Did you know our church is only 2 blocks from Dairy Queen? I just know they serve something cool and minty there! Ugh. This can be hard.

I had to break down and do the only thing a person can do when they can't have what they're craving -- turn to an alternative. Sorry, no, it was not carrot sticks or yogurt. I broke into the Cashew Crunch. Carter had some, too, and said, "Sorry, Mom, but I just don't think your love of Cashew Crunch is carried on to the next generation." What? Seriously?

I am not disappointed. It just means more for me and, well, all my siblings if I put it out in the freezer NOW and keep it there until my next trip Up North.

Of course, that freezer is a dangerous place...

No comments: