Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF

Another week has flown by like Elphaba on her broom.

Yes, another Wicked reference -- I got the soundtrack in the mail today! Just a wee bit excited here! Listening to Defying Gravity as I type this and thinking tomorrow will be a good day to camp out in the Scrap Cave and listen to the whole soundtrack!

Just an uplifting ending to a pretty good day.

Had a productive day at work, capped off with dinner at Ponderosa Pines with our friends Mike and Christine. We decided to leave Carter at home so we could have a "grown-up" evening. So we were able to extend our evening at another establishment and not have to worry about a bored kid on our hands.

And Carter was far from bored at home. He claimed he practiced his baritone for half an hour. Not sure if that was before or after his phone call from one of his girl friends (2 words). Thank goodness for caller I.D. Our kids can't get away with anything these days! (But don't tell them that.)

Was relieved when I got home to learn that 2 gentleman in my extended family who I was praying for today both came through their surgeries OK. Now the really hard part comes. Chemotherapy for one and cardio rehab for the other. Not easy when they are elderly -- a term I give anyone older than my hubby but younger than my dad. Once they are my dad's age, they're just plain old.

No offense, Dad.

My parents flew home today after more than a month in Texas. At least they brought some warmth with them (according to the forecast). Of course, I thought that warming trend was going to start this morning so we did not give Carter a ride to the bus stop. On the way to work we learned it was 14 below zero. Whoops. I guess we've been abandoning that kid left and right today!

Something tells me we'll make it up to him this weekend. When I take a break from Defying Gravity... and quit defying motherhood!

No comments: