Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is...

Since it's Valentine's Day, I could go on and on about the wonderful 3 1/2 men in my life, but I'll spare you just this once. Maybe.

Obviously, on holidays like this, we think about the people in our lives who we love. But the word "love" is used for so much more, isn't it?

I might hear a tune on the radio and say "I love this song!" Or read a good story and say "I loved that book!" Or see a broadway musical called Wicked and "love, love, love it!" I know I have friends and family who love the Packers. I still love them anyway (the people, not the Packers). And don't you just love Christmas? Hugs? Sunshine? Back rubs? Golf? And, of course, there's no doubt I love my ice cream.

I thought I'd share some recent snapshots of things we love in our family...

We love exploring our creativity. While I enjoy writing and scrapbooking, Carter still lets his imagination run wild when he gets "bored."

He recently created some domino chains -- I'm sure inspired by something he either saw on TV or on YouTube.
He set these up in the basement and as you can see, they fell like they were supposed to.

I think he took a short video of it on his iPod but I'm pretty sure I captured the level of excitement here just fine.

We also love music! While hubby likes his classic rock and playing air guitar, air drums, air keyboard and air harmonica, I still love my '80s music and just about anything. Carter enjoys a bit of everything and loves making his own music on his Euphonium (I just learned that's another word for the Baritone).

Here he is front and center along with some of the brass section playing in the Assumption Pep Band.

Carter gets a few pointers from his band teacher, Miss Thomas.

Is it just me or is the instrument getting "smaller" as he gets taller? It still seems like a whole lotta horn to be holding -- for 45 minutes!

We also love showing our love to each other... whether it's hugs or a helping hand or Happy Valentine's Day surprises...
Carter has wanted the National Treasure movies for quite some time. Lots of interesting history finds its way in the story lines. Who says learning can't be action-packed and fun?

Jim loves his Cincinnati Reds -- especially the 1975 World Series team! (You can find vintage anything online these days!)

And I love being warm ... and eating popcorn. Here I am with my life-size footie-hoodie jammies and my life-sized bags of cheese popcorn! I was not exaggerating, was I?

That's love!

No comments: