Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Little Flaky

Well that darn weatherman was 100% right. So it seems anyway.

No snow when we got up, but by 10 a.m. or so it started. Hubby and I went to the store quick to get a few food items in case we couldn't drive anywhere later. By the time we got back outside, it seemed like it had snowed an inch!

It was sticking at a pretty good pace. The picture above was taken around 1 p.m., right before our first round of shoveling. The one below was probably around 4 -- about the time we should have been eating cake at my nephew Colin's birthday party. Unfortunately, that will have to happen another day.

It wasn't just the snow coming straight down, it was the wind, too, that was whipping it everywhere.

You can see from this lovely photo hubby took of me shoveling that it is not great visibility out there.

Don't Jim and our neighbor Mick look cold??

How about now? Brrr. I get cold just looking at this!

Right after this was taken, the snow stopped for awhile. We thought maybe the weatherman was wrong, but I checked the radar and we were just in a brief pocket of nothingness. You could see if the line of snow continued on course, we would get all of the 9 inches promised and perhaps up to the 14 guess-timated.

We'll see.

They already called off school for tomorrow -- due to weather not staff shortages -- so somebody must figure this is going to keep coming and keep piling on. I guess it doesn't matter to me. We have tomorrow off for Presidents' Day so Carter will have some supervision anyway.

Except for when I'm down in my Scrap Cave. I've got several hours of work left to do but since today was sort of a pre-Snow Day snow day, I made some good progress! So while I'm doing that tomorrow, the boys can handle snow removal. Ha.

Trust me. This is one of the few times I don't mind Mother Nature being a little flaky.

No comments: