Tuesday, February 1, 2011

That's Classic

As a lover of the written word, I always get a little enjoyment out of the hidden creativity behind real-estate ads. A tiny, run-down house becomes "quaint" or just a "cozy home that needs your love."

I guess if we all wrote like those Realtors we'd have more attractive descriptions of ourselves, wouldn't we? Instead of "pushing 50," as my hubby reminds me, I am merely "experienced" or "seasoned."

I heard a new one, though, from my dear son.

He was reading something I wrote that mentioned I had 20 years' experience in publishing. Holy crap, yes, I am that old, er, seasoned. Anyway, he reads it and says, "Wow, Mom, you're a classic!"

Nice, eh?

I suppose I'd prefer to be classy over a classic but there's little chance of that either. So I guess I'll stay this "cozy little classic momma that needs some love."

Going once... going twice... sold to the brown-eyed boys on Blue Jay Drive!

No comments: